Tank clearing-need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VKB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my first post here. Recently cooked my last three tropical fish due to a heater malfunction. I decided to clean out tank and everything and start over with new equipment. My parents have had a 125 gallon cichlids tank in AZ for many years and i wanted the same.

I have a 75 gallon tank and am hooking up an ehim 3 professional filter. I am getting a monster Ray finnex light and have set up the tank with gravel and new well washed sand.

This is where I need advice: In the excitement of fitting together 28lbs of Texas Holy Rock, I forgot to wash it. My daughter filled the tank with water and it is cloudy. It hasn't settled, BUT, when I hook up the filter tomorrow, should it filter out, or should I take all the water out and put new water in, basically having given the rock a washing? Thanks. Cichlids being purchased next week.

Thanks. It was hard to put the holy rock into just the right position to make arches and into the sand/gravel so I can't pull it. I'm am happy to sear I can get it to clear after a couple water changes. :)

Back
Top Bottom