Tank completely transformed (danios = fish on speed)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have had such a quiet, peaceful, sort of lazy tank for such a long time. Gouramis wandering here and there, a betta drifting by. Sort of a calm nirvana to get lost in at the end of the work day.

Today I brought home just 4 little red zebra danios, and OH MY WORD what a change. It is like letting a pack of hyperactive four-year-olds loose in a nursing home. I am not sure if the other fish like the change or are just stunned and bewildered. Pink blurs zipping everywhere. What a total change in the quiet home they have known for so long.

I never experienced danios before. Especially bright pink ones LOL. What a trip.
8O :D

Haha, and some people think the activity will stop once they "get used to the tank."

Don't count on it :D

Danios are little crazy guys. I love mine.

Danios are psychofish! They never stop, even after feeding time is long over.
The only downside is that they might annoy the betta with their constant curiosity and movement. Do you have a refuge for the betta, so that he can escape from the 'sugar-crazed 4 yr olds'? A big clump of Java moss would work great.

I have had my zebra danios for years and love watching them. Evern had some born in the tank. My cat loves to watch them zoom around. As long as he keeps his paws out of the tank lol.

LOL, i guess you can all relate. These fish must eat like crazy to generate that much sustained energy. They are still going 100 miles an hour. I meant to check in the tank in the middle of the night to see if they actually *sleep,* but I forgot.

QTOFFER, the betta does have a little nest of his own, although he shares it sometimes with a gold gourami. It is a little soap dish type thing hung at the top of the tank with silk plants surrounding it for privacy. The java moss is a probably even a better idea. Come to think of it, I did catch them both hiding up there a bit yesterday. :wink:

LOL danios are nutty, fish are just hilarious in general, my red tailed shark really only comes out when I play any music lol then he sets ontop of his little stump hiding thing I got at wal mart

Back
Top Bottom