Tank cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drew vest6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, as you know I started my tank cycle a little over a week ago.. Tested my water today and my cycle is complete! For those of you who dog fish in cycling, I used 6 zebra danios and they did great!

I have been cycling my tank for 8 wks and still going. I have amm of 1.oppm, 0 nitrites and nitrates of 10/20 ppm. not sure what else to do

I have a 20 gal tank, just tested my tap water and it is showing .25 ppm. How can I tell if my tank is cycled if I have ammonia in my tap water

I have a 20 gal tank, just tested my tap water and it is showing .25 ppm. How can I tell if my tank is cycled if I have ammonia in my tap water

That's actually kinda good... Do a water change, then wait a few days and test 2-3 days after change

Dosing ammonia is good for cycles... If you are having trouble, go to the LFS and get 5-8 zebra danios, and feed them once a day. They will produce ammonia naturally

Hey guys, as you know I started my tank cycle a little over a week ago.. Tested my water today and my cycle is complete! For those of you who dog fish in cycling, I used 6 zebra danios and they did great!

Without seeded media I'm not sure how the tank cycled in a week. What results are you going by? Just wondering...

Without seeded media I'm not sure how the tank cycled in a week. What results are you going by? Just wondering...

I thought the same thing when I tested it... But the nitrate, ammo, and nitrite levels look good... Only thing that needs improvement is ph but I can raise that

I thought the same thing when I tested it... But the nitrate, ammo, and nitrite levels look good... Only thing that needs improvement is ph but I can raise that

I assume you dont fully understand the concept of a 'cycled' tank. Just my opinion though

Doesnt necessarily mean your cycled. For example...
I buy a tank. I fill it up straight from the tap. My tap water has no ammonia or nitrite but does have small amounts of nitrate. I perform a test. I get 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate. Am i cycled??

Doesnt necessarily mean your cycled. For example...
I buy a tank. I fill it up straight from the tap. My tap water has no ammonia or nitrite but does have small amounts of nitrate. I perform a test. I get 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate. Am i cycled??

No because you haven't done anything to cycle it, whereas I did, and it cycled quickly.

No because you haven't done anything to cycle it, whereas I did, and it cycled quickly.

What did you 'do' to cycle?? I reckon theres a lot of people out there wanting to know as cycling without seeded material normally takes like 5-8 weeks. In all my time of AA ive never heard of anyone do it in 1 week.
You can think your cycled and i wont tell you your not, but im extremely dubious. If you can provide proof then im willing to alter my mindset

What did you 'do' to cycle?? I reckon theres a lot of people out there wanting to know as cycling without seeded material normally takes like 5-8 weeks. In all my time of AA ive never heard of anyone do it in 1 week.
You can think your cycled and i wont tell you your not, but im extremely dubious. If you can provide proof then im willing to alter my mindset

What do you mean by "proof"?

Daily test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate over the next 7 days without any water changes. If you post your results honestly and your ammonia and nitrite remain 0 all week then i will believe that you are cycled

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom