Tank Friends for Harlequins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul.Dans

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I've currently stocked my first aquarium with 6 harlequin Rasbora, however I'm not too sure what tank mates are suitable as I want it to be a community tank with various fish sizes, also I don't want to overload the tank! Preferably I would like barbs or gourami and some bottom feeders, the tank is 70L so I'm under the impression only 12-15 is the maximum?

One of my favorites with them is Cardinals (best in an established tank with good stability), or Neons if your water isn't very soft. They are commonly found in local stores.

The newer kind I have found and really love, maybe find at a private local fish store, is called a Green Neon. They really look kind of blue to me. Here is a pic of the color of them in my tank, though you can't really make out the fish, it is also a nice shape and would be a good color next to the beautiful Harlequins.

60074-albums13090-picture64812.jpg

A beautiful dwarf Gourami would be nice and a few dwarf Cory cats so you could get a nice little shoal.

Is your tank cycled? How long has it been up? It is a great idea to plan your stock list and learn about your fish and their needs before getting them.

Welcome to AA.

Also on your stock quantity, you can check out aqadvisor to get an idea of the kind and number of fish.

If you had 12 Dwarf Gourami, it would be an entirely different bioload than 12 Neon Tetras for example.

That sounds good. Just make sure your betta eats. They are slow moving and slow eaters and may get beat to the food and starve. Other than that, no worries. Add betta last.

NYgiantsrp that sounds cool I like Cory's, once it's established il look at those thank you!

Back
Top Bottom