Tank fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calmseas6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We recently set up a 55 gallon freshwater tank that we decided on community fish for. We set up and let it run for a while, added 5 zebra danios and some Safe Start. I also use Stress Coat and liquid plant food. I have a Amazon Sword, Java Fern, and Dwarf Grass. Aftet a week added 2 platys. Another week and added 2 dalmation Mollies, another week and 2 sterbrai corys and 4 juliis. Then today i brokebthe limit and added 4 white tip tetras and 5 serpae tetras plus 6 ghost shrimp. So woth the danios isbthe tank maxed? I would like to add 1 more zebra, 3 more sterbrai corys, 1 or 2 white tip tetras, 1 or 2 seprae tetras, a clam. A few bamboo shrimp, and a pearl gourami OR ram. Am i over stocked or what are my limits for adding. No losses yet, everone seems healthy. Water parameters test well and i do 20 to 40 percent change per week depending on nitrates and debris on bottom.

Most of your fishes are pretty low bioload. I reckon you should be ok adding the fishes. It's good you're increasing the school size on the existing fishes and not adding new ones. All your fishes are at the bare minimum school size. To make sure you have adequate filtration, use aqadvisor.com to sense check your stocking scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom