Tank is being wiped out.,,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie443

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water is fine, ph fine, ammonia fine. All my tetras are dead, one Molly, one oto, the rest are looking poorly. I can't think of any other reason. It happened after a water change, but I used the sane bucket I always use. I'm sad :( any advise? I've done another water change today

what test kit are you using,and did you dechlorinate?

Sometimes cities add extra stuff to tap water. Test your tap water.

Any chemicals sprayed near the tank ?
Do you wash your hands before putting them in the tank?

What decor is in the tank ?

Sounds like a toxin of some sort ?

jackie443 said:
My water is fine, ph fine, ammonia fine. All my tetras are dead, one Molly, one oto, the rest are looking poorly. I can't think of any other reason. It happened after a water change, but I used the sane bucket I always use. I'm sad :( any advise? I've done another water change today

When you say fine, what are your test results ??

What size tank ?
How new or old is your tank ?
New fish ?

Hi guys, thanks for the reply, ph is 6.5. Ammonia 0. I've had the tank for 18 months now. It was wiped out before because I used glass cleaner on the glass, so I know not to do that again. I'm wondering if it could be the fact I was wearing perfume? Some are still alive soI'm hoping they may recover. Anything else I should do?

Perfume is prolly to blame im sure there are some chemicals in there that the fish dont like... Add some fresh charcoal to whatever kind of filtration you use it helps to remove toxins. and water changes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom