Tank looking bare new stock suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!! I have a 55 gallon with 3 angel fish, 1 syno catfish , and 1 other catfish I think it an armored catfish! I would like some more fish but my angelfish are kind of aggressive and if I put a fish in small enough for my syno to fit in his mouth he will eat it! I would love any suggestions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think with the 3 angels and as big as the catfish could potentially get, you're probably not going to be able to add any other fish to the tank.

Try some colorful plants and decor! I just added some to my 60 gal and it helped out tremendously! Before it seemed that no matter how many different species I added, it still felt really bare.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444245213.549862.jpg this is the tank before

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444245238.335209.jpg and this is my tank now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh! And also lighting is everything. :)

Oh! And also lighting is everything. :)

Yes I can definitely tell a diffrence! Your tank looks so much better!! This was my very first large tank so it's has about 30 colorful plastic plants, lots of decorations! And I have led lighting! I have came a long way I have another tank that is fully planted now, real driftwood ect. Thank you for suggestions I may rearrange some things

Nice!! I'm working on getting a better light for my plants in the tank I have. I want a carpet and some other things. I just got a job again and I'm so excited to finally be able get new equipment to help everything out in my aquarium. :)

I would add a school of larger tetras like diamonds or Congo tetras. A school of fish adds a lot more "organized" activity

I would add a school of larger tetras like diamonds or Congo tetras. A school of fish adds a lot more "organized" activity

Do they nip really bad? I had black skirt tetras and they nip so bad! I had to move them! I had them in a group of like 6 I think!

If you keep them in a decent sized group (6+), you shouldn't have any problems

Back
Top Bottom