tank mate for convict update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pookie71384

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went back to petland and bought another convict for my female convict I already had...a female also...matter of fact her sister...they were from the same fry...anyway...the female I had is going bananas on her sister lol...wont let her come out and swim...chases her down very aggressively...she's been hiding behind the filter all day...doesn't look good so far...I hope my convict accepts her soon because id hate for her to die...she's a black convict also but her fins have markings that pink and black fry have when they been breed with a pink and black...marble patters on her fins...wish me luck everybody

Try moving your stuff around in the tank. They reset up their territories and should help. I did this and it really calmed my fish down bigtime.

This is common behavior for the first few hours when you introduce another cichlid to an established tank. The best thing you could do is turn the lights off and let them get settled with each other.

If it doesn't stop in the next 24 hours or if the convict starts getting seriously injured, you'll have to intervene.

Back
Top Bottom