Tank mate for spinny eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baustin12017

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now i have a bLACK SPOT SPINY EEL HE IS DOING PRETTY GOOD BUT I REALLY WANT TO ADD MORE FISH TO THE TANK I REALLY LIKE THE ELEPHANT NOSE AND THE BABY WHALE I ALSO LIKE THE BLACK GHOST KNIFE BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THOSE ARE SUTIBLE TANK MATES OR IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SUGGETIONS ON OTHER FRESHWATER "OODBALLS" I COULD PUT IN MY TANK:D:D

Elephant nose are very delicate fish, and extremely hard to keep alive IMO. Depending on how big you tank is, you could get a BGK. I love them. Mine feeds from my hand and loves to play in the bubbles from the air stone.

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-3537007691.jpg
    image-3537007691.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 113
If you do decide to get tank-mates, make sure they are not big enough to eat the eel or the eel is not big enough to eat them (Just a side note, if you want another spiny eel, I would not advise that. they do not do well with each other.)

The elephant nose is not really hard to keep alive, its just a sensitive fish. If you do decide to add one, make sure your tank is well established and be sure to keep up the water changes, doing them once to twice a week (they need perfect water). Make sure to have hiding spots, otherwise, this fish could die. Also, the elephant nose fish needs at least 50 gallons of water otherwise.

If you have enough room to house the BGK (100+ gallon tanks. They are known to grow a few feet in length), I would say go for it. Like the EN (elephant nose), this fish is also shy and needs hiding spots (also nocturnal).

i just got i Thursday and I have to get rid of the spiny eel because my mom thinks it is gross and won't let me keep it:-(!!! and it was a pretty penny to I wonder if the fish store will let me trade it in?

Back
Top Bottom