Tank mates for a 30 gallon with Gold Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midnighttang

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon tank that currently contains a pleco, 3 neon tetras, 2 mickey mouse platies and 2 gold gouramis. I intend to rehome the platies soon and I might also be moving in an oto who is currently living in the future home of my future figure 8 puffer. I hear rumor that the neons might eventually start looking like food to the gouramis and if they do, I'll rehome them, too. The tank is very newly planted and I hope to make it a pretty heavily planted tank eventually (this is my first attempt at a planted tank). My question is, assuming that the 2 gouramis, 3 neons, and 1 pleco are permanent residents of this tank, how many and what kind of fish should I add to this 30 gallon tank? I don't want to overcrowd, but I also want to maximize my aquarium space.

If the plecos not a bristlenose or something staying around 6 in you need to rehome

Well, I'll have to up my tank size when he gets too big. I don't have anyone with an appropriate size tank to rehome him to. I want a bigger tank eventually, anyway.

First you need to up the school of neons to 6 but 8+ would be better. What about a school of cories or kuhli loaches? Keep an eye on the pleco and your parameters. They are poop machines and can flatten a planted tank.

But will the neons survivor in the tank with gouramis as they get bigger. I don't want to add moe only to have to rehome them. So far, the gouramis ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom