Tank mates for bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatPlantedGuy

Aquarium Advice Regular
At the moment I have a 2.5 gallon tank and am preparing it for fish and plants.
I was thinking about keeping 2 panda corydoras and a half-moon. Idk thanks guys!

At the moment I have a 2.5 gallon tank and am preparing it for fish and plants.
I was thinking about keeping 2 panda corydoras and a half-moon. Idk thanks guys!

No way !!! Much too small for Cories. They need groups and for most Cories a 20Long is about minimum size.

10g I'll only keep the tiny species.

Cories swim along the bottom they need room to swim. Plus a 2.5g would go toxic quick with that many fish.

Plus Pandas are a cool water Cory and Bettas like it warm.

2.5g ?
A snail or maybe a couple of Ghost Shrimp with a Betta. Plants will help if look nice. Plus some Bettas will kill tank mates.

No way !!! Much too small for Cories. They need groups and for most Cories a 20Long is about minimum size.

10g I'll only keep the tiny species.

Cories swim along the bottom they need room to swim. Plus a 2.5g would go toxic quick with that many fish.

Plus Pandas are a cool water Cory and Bettas like it warm.

2.5g ?
A snail or maybe a couple of Ghost Shrimp with a Betta. Plants will help if look nice. Plus some Bettas will kill tank mates.
Yeah you're right. Ghost Shrimp sound really cool! How many should i put? I was thinking I could get a nerite snail too?

That's an awesome tank. Im only young so I don't really have the funding for large tanks right now. I've got a 5 gallon planted community a 10 gallon goldfish tank and I'm starting up this one. Thanks for the ideas. I'm really excited for this tank.

After all you are definately more experienced than I am in the hobby. One of the shrimp will be called coursair!

That's an awesome tank. Im only young so I don't really have the funding for large tanks right now. I've got a 5 gallon planted community a 10 gallon goldfish tank and I'm starting up this one. Thanks for the ideas. I'm really excited for this tank.

After all you are definately more experienced than I am in the hobby. One of the shrimp will be called coursair!

Rethink the Goldfish tank. They will outgrow that much too fast. This thread has a ton of info.
SolidGold on YouTube also has great Goldfish info.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

Goldfish need large tanks or ponds. Babies need room to grow or they die

Oh and thank you. I started with a 20g at 12 yrs old. Had Bettas off and on for years. Discovered true planted tanks about 7 yrs ago. Joined a club.

My current Betta needs a nice photo shoot.

Oh and thank you. I started with a 20g at 12 yrs old. Had Bettas off and on for years. Discovered true planted tanks about 7 yrs ago. Joined a club.

My current Betta needs a nice photo shoot.
With the goldfish I had been thinking for a while I need to give them to someone I know with a pond. I have given them goldfish before. Once I had goldfish when I was very young (about 6 ish) the store accidentally gave us a koi. It's still alive in her pond and it's 1 foot long. I'm 11 now so I guess that koi was kinda a runt.

With the goldfish I had been thinking for a while I need to give them to someone I know with a pond. I have given them goldfish before. Once I had goldfish when I was very young (about 6 ish) the store accidentally gave us a koi. It's still alive in her pond and it's 1 foot long. I'm 11 now so I guess that koi was kinda a runt.
Also do you have any ideas for plants. I was thinking of getting a small java fern and a couple anubias nana petite. Do you have any idea of a lowlight carpet plants?

Carpet plants are difficult. Most need high light and injected CO2.

You could try Dwarf Sag ?

I love Java Ferns. There are at least 4-5 types around. One of my favorites.

I almost always have Anubias nana Petite in all my tanks.

Carpet plants are difficult. Most need high light and injected CO2.

You could try Dwarf Sag ?

I love Java Ferns. There are at least 4-5 types around. One of my favorites.

I almost always have Anubias nana Petite in all my tanks.
Yeah I heard that dwarf sag grows really well...

Thanks guy!

You are welcome [emoji1360]

Tina
Still not a dude
Sorry uhhhhh...... Girl??? ??? But seriously thank you so much you have been a great help in setting up this tank with me? I'm glad you helped me? thanks

Guy (as a collective noun?)

No worries.

The " Still not a Dude" is a bit of an old joke for long term members. My screen name is apparently very masculine.

I raise Whippets and my kennel name is Coursair Whippets.

Glad I could help.

No worries.

The " Still not a Dude" is a bit of an old joke for long term members. My screen name is apparently very masculine.

Glad I could help.
Cool. I like whippets. Also Im glad people on this forum aren't butthurt unlike others on the interwebs? thanks for the help!

No worries.

Glad I could help.

Omg I so thought that screen name was a dude. Lol

Hey girlfriend, let's talk tank(s)!

LOL !

I'm trying to decide what tank to use for my Betta. I have two 10g and two 5.5g tanks. All need some TLC. But the Rimless I want to use is currently dry and has sand in it....just need to make sure my stand survived my move last year.

I'll start a new thread once I know what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom