Tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just starting to set it up, after its cycled wondering what to put in it. Have a 55g established community tank so want a little bit of a change up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would not add the silver dollars. They are active and can be aggressive. Rams and angelfish can live together but german blue rams are delicate when it comes to fluctuation in water quality.

Ok, instead of the dollars what else could I do ? I will be getting a couple of pictus cats for bottom movement, maybe some mollies?

You could add some male guppies but that's about it. I wouldn't add pictus cats due to their predatory behavior and some people believe that mollies do best in brackish water.

Will the rams eat the guppies? In my 55 I have pictus cats and Cory's cats have been on their best behavior as I still have all 6 cory's 2 are very small, but I have to admit in the morning when I turn the light on I count my cory's :) didn't know that about mollies, thanx for the info on that.

Rams are peaceful unless they start breeding so I wouldn't worry. Pictus cats will try to eat anything that can fit in their mouth. Cory cats have sharp pectoral fins so that's why they aren't bothered.

But......angels are fin nippers, at least the 2 I have are, so with guppies and their beautiful tails won't that be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom