Tank Migration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaypjay1980

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I currently have a Juwel Vision 180 and I'm migrating to a brand new Juwel Trigon 190. New gravel, new filters, new everything....bar some ornaments.

Juwel Trigon 190 Bow Front Corner Aquarium and Cabinet

I have about 35 community tropical fish that need to be transferred.

How am I best migrating? I've been told it's best to transfer some of the existing water and wash the filter sponges in the new tank with the old water (percentage of). Is this correct? Do I move all the fish at once or stagger it?

Also, I want the best clarity in regards to water and was thinking of adding an external filter to compliment the one that comes with the Trigon, what are peoples advice on that?

Finally, how many fish do you think I can hold on the Trigon 190?

Many thanks in advance

:fish1:

greetings.

when i went from 13 g to 55 g, i just put all the fish and water over, and used the same filter unwashed.

i'd use the old filter with the bb in it along with the new filter for a few weeks, especially when you don't keep the same gravel. that and as much water from the old tank as possible and you sould be fine, but i'd keep a look on the values. thereoretically it sould work as long as you do more frequent water changes than you do now in those first weeks.

Hi
What fish do you have in there?

Hi
What fish do you have in there?

Guppies x10
Tiger Barbs x5
Dwarf Rainbow Fish x2
Glass cat Fish x1
Sword Tail Mollies x2
Kissing Gourami x1
Honey Angel Fish x2
Dwarf Angel Fish x1
Upside Down Catfish x1
Rummy Nose Tetra x2
Neon Tetra x3
Lemon Tetra x5
Clown Loach x1
Red Tailed Shark x1
Kuhli Loach x1
Ram x1
Tropical Frog x1

I also have fish that I've forgot what they are..ha ha.

I have 5 of these...with a red dash through them...great colours.
2012-11-02 10.46.26.jpg

I have 2 of these, think they may be hatchet fish
2012-11-02 10.50.19.jpg

I also have this random chap, the only one in focus. Not sure what it is, had it a long time.
2012-11-02 10.50.43.jpg

Any advice on the external filter question?

an external filter sould make the water more clear as it has more space for filter media and bb, but buying an external filter and still running an internal one defeats the purpose of getting an external one - to clear up that big box inside the tank while getting better water filtration.

when i got my external filter i wanted most filtration possible, so i bought a model larger than "neccessary", rather than the model designed for up to 250L i got the model designed for up to 350L, that gave me another 1.9 L filter volume and an additional 350 Liter/hour throughput

Last edited:
jaypjay1980 said:
Guppies x10
Tiger Barbs x5
Dwarf Rainbow Fish x2
Glass cat Fish x1
Sword Tail Mollies x2
Kissing Gourami x1
Honey Angel Fish x2
Dwarf Angel Fish x1
Upside Down Catfish x1
Rummy Nose Tetra x2
Neon Tetra x3
Lemon Tetra x5
Clown Loach x1
Red Tailed Shark x1
Kuhli Loach x1
Ram x1
Tropical Frog x1

I also have fish that I've forgot what they are..ha ha.

I have 5 of these...with a red dash through them...great colours.

I have 2 of these, think they may be hatchet fish

I also have this random chap, the only one in focus. Not sure what it is, had it a long time. It's the only fish in focus at the back.

Thanks, I think that the red ones are Odessa barbs and the 2 are black skirt tetra

Back
Top Bottom