Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My amazon order came in. I also got my Rena filter I sent back, it came in. I had a question though.

Should I use this filter on my 46 bow front until I move my fish into my other tank? That way I can use the older filters to help cycle the 175. & also maybe it'll help lower nitrates in the 46?

My amazon order came in. I also got my Rena filter I sent back, it came in. I had a question though.

Should I use this filter on my 46 bow front until I move my fish into my other tank? That way I can use the older filters to help cycle the 175. & also maybe it'll help lower nitrates in the 46?

Yes definitely! You was gonna use it for the 175 anyway right?

Yes definitely! You was gonna use it for the 175 anyway right?

Yeah, I was going to use both canister filters on my 175. In just going to use one on my 46 right now. Then when I switch the fish over to the 175 I'll switch the canister filter back to the 175.

Sounds like a good idea?

Yeah, I was going to use both canister filters on my 175. In just going to use one on my 46 right now. Then when I switch the fish over to the 175 I'll switch the canister filter back to the 175.

Sounds like a good idea?

Yes thats a good idea. Remove your filter pads from whatever filter your using now on the 46g and put them in the x3 to jumpstart the bb building in the x3

Yes thats a good idea. Remove your filter pads from whatever filter your using now on the 46g and put them in the x3 to jumpstart the bb building in the x3

Well what I was going to do, is just put that older filer into the 175. Like set it up to run in the 175 gallon while I use this new canister filter only in the 46. That way the BB from the old filter will help cycle the 175 gallon. While this canister filter will run in the 46 to hopefully help keep the water better looking.

Would this be a good or bad idea?

Well what I was going to do, is just put that older filer into the 175. Like set it up to run in the 175 gallon while I use this new canister filter only in the 46. That way the BB from the old filter will help cycle the 175 gallon. While this canister filter will run in the 46 to hopefully help keep the water better looking.

Would this be a good or bad idea?

Your 46g will cycle again if you do that

Your 46g will cycle again if you do that

Will it? Okay, I wasn't sure if the BB in the actual aquarium would be enough for it to not have to start the cycling process over. I stand corrected. :).

I think I'll just set the canister filter up in the 175 then, & I'll just be patient. That way I won't have to move it later on.

Also I added 10 ml of meal fix to my 46 after taking out the carbon. It says 5ml per 10 gallons. Daily for 7 days. I'm going to add it kind of slow though. I'm always nervous adding products to my tanks. -.-

Wow... -.-

This filter is leaking in the same spot...again. I have water all Over the bottom of the stand again.

I'm not sure what even do. Do I send it back...again? That's so lame. I made sure to do everything as the instructions said. Then a few minutes after it was running water was everywhere.
I was getting so discouraged, so I decided to test my water & sure enough the ammonia is dropping & I have Nitrites!!!! I think putting my small filter in the tank last night definitely helped make this happen. Anyways. I'm a bit happier lol.

Attachments

• image-3517773569.jpg
    image-3517773569.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 47
I'm not sure what even do. Do I send it back...again? That's so lame. I made sure to do everything as the instructions said. Then a few minutes after it was running water was everywhere.
I was getting so discouraged, so I decided to test my water & sure enough the ammonia is dropping & I have Nitrites!!!! I think putting my small filter in the tank last night definitely helped make this happen. Anyways. I'm a bit happier lol.
I would throw it at the wall and buy an ac 110. Waaaay better. Its 500gph and yours is 300gph. Also very good on nitrites! Took long enough!

I would throw it at the wall and buy an ac 110. Waaaay better. Its 500gph and yours is 300gph. Also very good on nitrites! Took long enough!

I'm going to contact amazon sometime today when I'm not angry so I don't take it out on them lol. See about going a new one or getting my Money back. I just have all the replacement parts for this one already.

Yeah I know. Finally lol. I don't even want to mess with it though. This filter not working seems to have killed something inside of me. I'm so frustrated with it all. -.-

I'm going to contact amazon sometime today when I'm not angry so I don't take it out on them lol. See about going a new one or getting my Money back. I just have all the replacement parts for this one already.

Yeah I know. Finally lol. I don't even want to mess with it though. This filter not working seems to have killed something inside of me. I'm so frustrated with it all. -.-

Ahh man dont give up. Just get your money back and get an ac110. Its a better buy and wont be broke

Ahh man dont give up. Just get your money back and get an ac110. Its a better buy and wont be broke

I think I'm going to try to fix the o rings on it, & if it's still leaking I'll send it back.

Edit* I plugged it back in after draining all the water out. No leak so far . Going to keep an eye on it though.

Well here's my Betta tank. :). I just need to get the clamp lights, so plants, & the Betta & it's done !

Attachments

• image-3002083106.jpg
    image-3002083106.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 41
That looks really good!

It's a work in progress, I think I'll go with 3 or 4 smaller plants for this tank. Banana plant, chain sword-narrow leaf, & moss ball, maybe dwarf hair grass but probably not lol.

I've decided just to send this filter back & try it one more time. I'm giving these rena filters one more shot. If it fails, then ill get my money back. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to add some big fake plants in the background of the 175. Does that sound good? I was wondering if adding these fake plants will make it look cheaper than not having the plants.

It's a work in progress, I think I'll go with 3 or 4 smaller plants for this tank. Banana plant, chain sword-narrow leaf, & moss ball, maybe dwarf hair grass but probably not lol.

I've decided just to send this filter back & try it one more time. I'm giving these rena filters one more shot. If it fails, then ill get my money back. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to add some big fake plants in the background of the 175. Does that sound good? I was wondering if adding these fake plants will make it look cheaper than not having the plants.

No im doing fake plants in my 36g maybe. Im gonna do silk plants. They look real in the water

Back
Top Bottom