Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What!? A free 75 gallon. Lucky, I want one of those so I can keep one of these Oscar fry. I don't think I'll be able to add it back to the tank without it getting massacred. That's awesome though :). They are still alive, so I'm hoping they make it. I already know a friend who wants one of them. He's got a 55 gallon....so I'm not sure yet if I want to give him one. I'll have to help him with his filtration. But if they make it, I want to keep one as well. Not sure I'll be able to. Time will only tell..

Ohh, how did they consider that tank "trash"?

It was considered "trash" because someone bought one and it had a broken top so we replaced it with the top from this one and we dont sell 75g tops so it wad trash

It was considered "trash" because someone bought one and it had a broken top so we replaced it with the top from this one and we dont sell 75g tops so it wad trash
Wow!! That's so amazing lol. I could dig that :). I'm sure you could to. Plans for it?

Wow!! That's so amazing lol. I could dig that :). I'm sure you could to. Plans for it?

Heck ya! My plans are an African cichlid community. Its gonna be a super slow build since money is tight right now. I dont know if I wanna do a sump with it or canisters or just HOB's. The options are limitless!

Heck ya! My plans are an African cichlid community. Its gonna be a super slow build since money is tight right now. I dont know if I wanna do a sump with it or canisters or just HOB's. The options are limitless!
I got some free Oscar or Severum fry to send you ;) lol.
That's awesome though! Take your time with it. I still haven't stocked my 46 bowfront. I'm not sure what I want. How many tetras could I put in there? Lol.

I got some free Oscar or Severum fry to send you ;) lol.
That's awesome though! Take your time with it. I still haven't stocked my 46 bowfront. I'm not sure what I want. How many tetras could I put in there? Lol.

In a 46g I would put 41! Odd number had always worked with tetras for me

Edit* I might take you up on thay severum offer! I never know what I want!

In a 46g I would put 41! Odd number had always worked with tetras for me Edit* I might take you up on thay severum offer! I never know what I want!
I'm serious, free! I'll even pay for the shipping if I can afford it at the time. I know you'll take care of them :).

I was thinking a planted tank just full of tetra lol. I really don't know what I want to do with it.

I'm serious, free! I'll even pay for the shipping if I can afford it at the time. I know you'll take care of them :).

I was thinking a planted tank just full of tetra lol. I really don't know what I want to do with it.

I should upload my tank to youtube for you to see. The 36g its amazing!

Wow! :eek:. That's seriously beautiful. Those tall plants make it seem so natural. That's awesome man. Seriously it is.

Oh my gosh my eyes feel like their gonna fall outa my head! I just read all 104 pages!! Lol! I want to see a full tank shot with all the fish!!

Oh my gosh my eyes feel like their gonna fall outa my head! I just read all 104 pages!! Lol! I want to see a full tank shot with all the fish!!
You read the whole thread? :eek:.

Wow. I went & took some pics just for you lol. Here you go :).

The first pic is of one of my Oscar fry that survived :).
The next two are of my 10 gallon planted shrimp tank. I have so many shrimp in there now. It's crazy :eek:.
& the last pic is of my 175 gallon :).

Attachments

• image-2468732867.jpg
    image-2468732867.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1861827753.jpg
    image-1861827753.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2058743683.jpg
    image-2058743683.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-69412642.jpg
    image-69412642.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 73
Before and after LED lights. Pictures doesnt do it justice.

Attachments

• image-3265001866.jpg
    image-3265001866.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2396753605.jpg
    image-2396753605.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image-4009634919.jpg
    image-4009634919.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 74
Wow the oscars look so great in there! I bet they are super happy to have a tank that big!! And yes I read every single page!! Haha!! Also the oscar fry just melted my heart! To think how big they get is crazy! And the planted tank is looking great!

Another update :).

Hello everyone. Crazy couple of weeks. Trial & errors with fry raising. I think I might finally have it done (after 5 attempts) :(.

In the first picture is the beauty. All the fish are doing well. Growing actually. Both pairs are breeding like crazy. Oscars laid 3 sets of eggs so far. Most recent a week ago which I was able to save more than I thought (3rd picture).
In the second picture is my cycled 46 gallon which I'll move the fry into when they get bigger then hopefully be able to sell to my LFS. Then my Severums have also had three sets which I haven't been able to quit save yet. But I think I got a method down on removing fry that worked well.

The 4th is my shrimp tank. This tank impresses me more & more. These shrimp are amazing to watch & breed like crazy as well lol.

Attachments

• image-2962044322.jpg
    image-2962044322.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3278801504.jpg
    image-3278801504.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3121066498.jpg
    image-3121066498.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2377421506.jpg
    image-2377421506.jpg