Tank stocking? African cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjnicol

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on stocking my tank? I have recently got a 230 lt / 55 gal tank and it is currently stocked with
2 x crabro's (About 13cm each)
2 x electric yellows (about 9 cm each)
1 x African peacock (about 8 cm)
2 x borleyi cichlid (about 8 cm each)
1 x yellow tail acei (about 7 cm)
2 x clown loach (about 10 cm)

Looking to try and keep the tank as colorful as possible, but obviously don't want to cause too much aggression either. How many more fish should I put in my tank for it to be stocked right? And any ideas on types of cichlids to put in also?

I use a lot of filtration so I can put extra fish in my aquariums ( I have 5 - 2-75s, 1-30, 1-20 & 1-20) both my 75s have canister filters, bio filters and UV filters. This allows me to clean less frequently and it keeps the fish healthy. My tanks are usually considered overstocked if you didn't have that much filtration..

Good luck

Thanks for the reply guys. If I include more filtration, do you think I could add 2 more fish? At the moment I have a large canister filter and a medium sized corner, in tank, filter?

Thanks for the reply guys. If I include more filtration, do you think I could add 2 more fish? At the moment I have a large canister filter and a medium sized corner, in tank, filter?

Yea it should be fine. If you get rid of the bees you could get like 6-8 more fish

Thanks mate, might look at getting rid of those 2 then

Take a look at biological filter hangs off the back of the tank.

Consider adding some Kenyi cichlids Male is orange/yellow and female is blue both have vertical stripes and are mouth breaders.

Good luck.
based on the size of your other fish I wouldn't add too many more to a tank that size.

No worries, thanks for the advise. Don't mind the look of the kenyi's either. Pretty good looking fish

Back
Top Bottom