Tank taking shape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm fairly new to keeping fish and on a low budget so over the last few months been buying bits here and there to decorate my tank added few more bits yesterday and I think it starting to look like a nice little home for my fish. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

image-3634265433.jpg

I am going to change the gravel that is what came with the tank. I was liking the idea of sand but never put sand in a tank befor.

I say I'm fairly new, I had a tank when I was about 14 but got rid when I was about 17, just started up again now I have space in new house

Amy87 said:
I'm fairly new to keeping fish and on a low budget so over the last few months been buying bits here and there to decorate my tank added few more bits yesterday and I think it starting to look like a nice little home for my fish. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

I am going to change the gravel that is what came with the tank. I was liking the idea of sand but never put sand in a tank befor.

I say I'm fairly new, I had a tank when I was about 14 but got rid when I was about 17, just started up again now I have space in new house

Looking good . I would definitely change out the gravel. I like the pea gravel, natural look.

Yeah was gonna go for a natural look. But unite like black with a few white maybe. Anything else I could do without making it look crowded?

Amy87 said:
Yeah was gonna go for a natural look. But unite like black with a few white maybe. Anything else I could do without making it look crowded?

I like my ankhs medium to heavily decorated, lots of plants. But I have fish that like lots of hiding places. So personally I'd add a few more plants & a structure or two that's either real driftwood or things that look like rocks / wood. Here's a couple pics of my tanks:

My 2 10g tanks:

image-521984051.jpg

image-441736816.jpg

My 46g:
image-3495635854.jpg

The 46g has the pea gravel which I like better than what's in the 10g tanks, the 2 10's were set up 1st so I learned by trial & error.

Cool yeah I like the idea of adding more plants and some driftwood. As also want to breed my guppies so will help for hiding spots. And will be changing the gravel. I just keep buying bits at a time so it don't cost a fortune in 1 go

Back
Top Bottom