tank upgrades.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am building a 4 x 24" light hood for my 20 gallon tank this weekend. i will have 2 lights on each switch so i can switch between alot of light and a little light for like noon effect or something. i was also thinking of having them on timers so the 2 lights go on at 9am till 11pm(kinda long i know but that it what i have always done) the second set comes on from 11am till 2 or 3pm. i also just bought some excell a few days ago. it says to dose 1 cap for 20 gallons twice a week. can i do more than that? i have hagen co2 system on there and am very happy with the results i have gotten so far. is there anything else i should be thinking about doing? with the 4 lights (t-8 bulbs) i will be hitting 3 watts per gallon becasue they are 20 watts a peice. this will allow me to grow pretty much anything right? even if it doesnt grow fast. thanks in advance.
ps this is directed at travis simonson i was wondering if u were still up to sending me some plants and i think u will be able to send a differetn range of plants with my new lights.

Back
Top Bottom