Tank vs wild lifespan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed!!!
By the way nice post Andy, I remembered you telling me you had a monkey. That's an amazing life span and you outlived it, to tell about it.[emoji1]

Clem

Andy again underscores a big missed link.
Predation.
How long do average albino (lets just say) alligators live in the wild compared to captivity?
I think the life span in wild would shock you , shorter then a Vietnam helicopter pilot!
And again with survival of the fittest.
Most common keepers are "TOO SOFT" IMO as if you are not into culling poor stock you not helping mother nature at all.

It sure is nice to put back more then you take(my mantra along with" I change water"),
but wouldn't it be more appreciated if we put back better or as good instead of what we ended up with??

So why can't with our vast knowledge do better then mother nature in most cases???

I humbly accept that in my best effort and moment of Grace and gift,that I can not even compare.
But I will except all the help and suggestions I can get in my efforts!

Agreed!!!
By the way nice post Andy, I remembered you telling me you had a monkey. That's an amazing life span and you outlived it, to tell about it.[emoji1]

Clem

And in keeping with Brookster's " It ain't true with no pictures" ;) you can see a pic of me and my monkey here: Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Andy Sager's Album: Me & my Monkey - Picture

The date on the back says approx. 1976. He died in 1996. I am waiting for my ex to find and send me the pic I have of my daughter, the monkey and myself all together. I'll post that one when/if I get it. (y)

Back
Top Bottom