Tank water pH is so low, i think i need to start over..HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Based on your KH, the titration kit is giving the result I would expect for your aged water. I wonder if one or both of your calibration solutions are the real culprit for your strange results? Could either of them have been accidently contaminated?

Either way your plants and fish look really heathy, and I would definately trust what they're telling you over a test kit.

i believe i have more pouches of calibration solution. ill check on that after work tomorrow.

i replaced 2 of the bulbs in my lighting fixture with 6700k bulbs (formally had four 65w 12000k bulbs - it is what came with the light). I have noticed algae on the glass (only been 1 day). i've always had problems getting glosso to grow, and my Alternanthera reineckii has been suffering a slow death. even my dwarf sag isnt doing well. despite what the pictures looks like

That is why I think it is time to put the CO2 back on and bypass the PH probe. Your plants need the carbon. Just start slow and watch your fish. They will let you know if they are unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom