tankmate for a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FastFly67

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I pulled the algae eater out of PorkCop's tank after I saw 'em have a bit of a scuffle. Want something to keep it tidy in there. I dn't have an algae problem but I noticed some brown spots on the fake flowers starting (never had them in there with the algae eater) I overheard a Petsmart employee tell another customer that bettas will attack snails. What else can I put in there? It's a 3.5 gallon with 1 fake stone/plant, a real plant and a potter hut. has a smaller whisper filter that came with the kit.

Try the snail it depends on the betta. Mine does not touch them. That tank is too small for any other fish.

I have cories with my betta but keep in mind that's 10g. As Rich said, your tank would be too small for anything else.

Yep your betta needs to remain the only fish unless you upgrade to a 10 gallon.

I agree with the others...your betta should be the only occupant in a tank that size. Myabe a shrimp, but your betta might harrass it or try to eat it and there's not a lot of hiding places for a shrimp in a small tank.

Back
Top Bottom