Tankmates for CPDs in a 20 g high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNWaquarist

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've decided to add a small-ish aquarium to the corner of a wall in my office. I don't have much lateral room, but a 20 gallon high will fit. I'd like to do a nano tank with Celestial Pearl Danios (maybe 12-15 of them) and, while I'm OK doing a species-only tank, I'd like to put something else in there if possible. Would the CPDs co-exist OK with a shoal of 5-6 White Clouds? Or would the White Clouds be too boisterous, or compete too strongly for food? I've considered inverts, but my water is super-soft and I'm not sure I want to modify it.

This is going to be a room-temp tank at about 68-69 F (it'll have a heater, but it won't be in use until the winter). Heavily planted, but no tannin-leaching decor (bogwood, driftwood, etc.).

How about something for the lower reaches of the tank? In keeping with the nano theme you could get a large school of pygmy corydoras.

How about something for the lower reaches of the tank? In keeping with the nano theme you could get a large school of pygmy corydoras.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I could bump the temp up to 72 F and add C. pygmaeus or C. habrosus.

On the other hand, I'd kind of prefer to stick to Asian fish here. My other tank has South Americans, including C. sterbai, and I'd like something different.

Not necessarily a nano companion fish, but it'd have to fit into a 20 high and be compatible with low 70s F at the warmest.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would be a perfect tank to put crystal shrimp.

You say soft water. Then if you can ever find these guys. They are beyond perfect. Super rare and expensive.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431490823.702370.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431490862.813810.jpg

Panda loaches

Have 8 of them. Found them for 12 dollars each. Extremely happy with them. Great fish for a cooler temp tank

Back
Top Bottom