Tap water conditioner question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Aquatic - Products

The lady at the pet shop said I have to add this and leave for 3 days for it to work. Well having a bucket of water around for 3 days in the kitchen is a bit of a pain in the arse. Does it really take that long? As it's not mentioned on the bottle, in fact no timeframe is mentioned.

Also If it was instant or another product was instant I could use warm water creating less stress on the fish.

Thanks

well if its brand new ater then yes but if ur tank is just low on water then just add aqua safe then u just add 1 teaspoon for every 10 gallons,hope thjis helps u out=]

You shouln't have to, I put it in the bucket of water and stir it up a bit then just dump dechlorinated water into tank and my fish have been living happily for a year and a half now in my 10g.

You shouln't have to, I put it in the bucket of water and stir it up a bit then just dump dechlorinated water into tank and my fish have been living happily for a year and a half now in my 10g.

Thats the reply I have been looking for! Least I know its test proofed safe. Thanks

Just add some to the water you are adding to the tank - per the instructions on the bottle. Make sure the water you are adding is the same temperature as the tank water. I would pick up a digital thermometer, they are cheap (~$12) and accurate.

Lots of people have reported good results just adding dechlorinator straight to the tank and then adding chlorinated water from a hose. I don't recommend that, but the chemical dechlorinators act fast.

3 days?? Nah! I let it sit for a minute or 2 at the most. The only reason to let water sit out is if you have dissolved gases (eg CO2) that needs to off gas. Even then, overnight is enough.

Back
Top Bottom