Tell me what you guys think!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought a new bridge and I little stone hut so I rearranged a bit!! Do things look good where they are or would it look better with something somewhere else?? Opinions please!!!- and yes, I am eventually putting a black backing on, and please excuse the breaks in the bubble strip as it is new and not all bubbling yet:)

image-88789651.jpg

image-171061060.jpg

image-1170450011.jpg

image-272695378.jpg

image-1374670856.jpg
Ps the last pic is before...

I'm gonna be honest and say first I love your tank! It looks very natural and I love the natural look. The black background will set it off really nicely.

Now... For me I'd take all the decor out, the pineapple house and other things, I'm by no means knocking your tank or your taste. I'm a firm believer in your tank your choice! Of your happy then who cares what others think.

That being said, you posted so you asked for it lol.

I'd add more small round river rocks. Also add another piece of driftwood a thinner,longer piece maybe with a few branches and have it going to the very top of the water line on the right side. I will give the appearance of a larger tank and it will look like the wood is just going right out of the tank, it really makes a difference IMO, it doesn't just look placed there.

I honestly think you have something really awesome here, at least in my eyes, I hate to see such great talent hidden by pineapples, stone faces an bridges.

Just being honest an every here that knows me knows I tell it how it is but I'm very respectful and mindful of others. Your tank is amazing it truly is and I think you have talent.

The Con

Last edited:
Thanks con!! I know about sponge on and squid worths houses!! I have been trying my darnedest to get rid of them and my 6 yo flips out:/ I have been looking for a piece of wood that would go straight up and so far no luck but the search is still on!!! I am sooo scared that I am going to find a great piece and not know if its safe in there!! I have, in my eyes;), some pricey fish and I don't want to see them harmed...I guess when I find the right piece ill post some pics on here;). Also, other then painting what is the best thing to put on the back of this that will last for a while without looking ratty??

hcourts said:
Thanks con!! I know about sponge on and squid worths houses!! I have been trying my darnedest to get rid of them and my 6 yo flips out:/ I have been looking for a piece of wood that would go straight up and so far no luck but the search is still on!!! I am sooo scared that I am going to find a great piece and not know if its safe in there!! I have, in my eyes;), some pricey fish and I don't want to see them harmed...I guess when I find the right piece ill post some pics on here;). Also, other then painting what is the best thing to put on the back of this that will last for a while without looking ratty??

Ah.. Yeah... I understand you have to keep the kids happy!

Try construction paper, window tint film you can even put up a black trash can just to see if you like the black background.

At least with construction paper you can choose many colors and see what you like.

Oooohhhh...I never thought about window tint!!! I can rock me some window tint being a child from the early nineties!!!
One day the houses may disappear...one day...one day....mwhahaha...

hcourts said:
Oooohhhh...I never thought about window tint!!! I can rock me some window tint being a child from the early nineties!!!
One day the houses may disappear...one day...one day....mwhahaha...

Haha good luck and keep me posted.

Back
Top Bottom