temperature rising?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't figure out what is causing my tank to be up to 81F degrees. I thought my heater might be broken so I went out and bought a new Fluval M300. I was using a Aqueon 200 Watt heater. Now my Fluval is a 300W as it says it's good for an 80 gallon tank. My tank is 55 gallons.

I have two thermometers. Ones digital and another is a glass one. Both read the same. I ordered two more new ones today. A new Glass one and a new Digital one. To see if they all four match.

I have the heater fully into the tank. It's sideways that way when I do water changes it will never not be underwater. So what could be the issue? My thermometers could be broken, but both? I thought my LED light strip could be doing it, but the temp is the same at night when they lights are off.
When I do water changes it registers a temp drop, so I don't know what else could be causing my water to be heated so high. My fish don't seem to mind, they are use to it I guess.

I want my tank to be at 76 degrees, but it stays at a 80 to 81 degree temp.

Anywhere between 78 and 82 will be fine. Mine runs around 80-81 all year long. Been good for 15+ yrs now.

I agree, it's fine! I am sure they are use to that kind of temperature in the wild anyway, but it's just weird that the temp I set it on "76" is not the temp it's at.

What will happen is that the heater will raise it to 76 and then the lights will raise it some more. You`ll be OK. Good luck on the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom