Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the highest possible temperature a neon tetra, molly, and guppy can be in

If it's temporary like when treating for Ich, 84 to 86F is okay. Above that gets iffy. For these fish 76 to 78°F is the best permanent temperature for good health and longevity. OS.

Highest possible for long periods of time I would say nothing higher than 82. But ideally 78-80 is where I keep mine and I have neon tetras and guppies

Rams, rummynose tetras, apistogramma, cardinal tetras, sterbai corydoras. Why not just get a new heater and set it lower?

Cause I spent alot of money on this one an I wanna figure out what's wrong with it

And it's warm cause my other heater is all out of wack, I'm picking a new one up today though

Ah gotcha, there definitely are fish that like it that warm but the majority at lfs like it a bit cooler

I agree, some fish like the warmer temps, but 84 just seems way to high. If you can, 80-82 would be a lot better.

Rams LOVE warmth, so 84 would be just fine for them. Most apistogrammas can do fine in 84 as well. Its a little on the warm side for cardinals, rummy nose tetras, and cory cats. I'd have to look around to suggest any alternatives that would like it that warm as tankmates though... Possibly rainbows, but not sure what else.

Back
Top Bottom