ten gallon fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not know if it is dimmable. I got it custom made and I don't have my hands on it yet... I will definitely look into it though. also, excuse my ignorance but what do LPS and SPS stand for?

has anyone had any experience keeping a clam? what do they require/ are they finicky?

I would highly question that lights ability to grow anything other than soft corals and LPS with a par rating of 113 at 10". Clams are probably gonna be a no go.

well my lfs lied to me. classic. although they exclusively use reef brites so I don't think it was a malicious attempt to ruin my clam keeping dreams :) I guess they are as clueless as I am. kinda disappointing. well you live and you learn. soft corals and whatever LPS is should be okay though?

edit: I believe you are thinking of the old reef brites. according to the Internet, apparently the new xho ones should have a par of significantly more than that since they have twice the LEDs, perhaps? not that i have any idea what I am talking about.

No you might be right, I really couldn't find all that much info on them. Don't get me wrong though it is a very nice light...just not sure about it supporting some of the more demanding sps or clams. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Btw LPS stands for Large Polyp Stony which are generally considered easier to care for.
SPS is Small Polyp Stony which are usually more difficult.

no thank you for your information! it is important that I am aware of these things regardless so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

and ah yes those abbreviations make sense. sometimes I get lost with all of them though haha

lights came in, got 11 lbs of live rock with some nice coralline on there!

the lights are no where near as blue as they are in the picture. they are half blue half white, so it looks only slightly blue in person. also found my first hitchhiker, a little snail hop on.

ALSO CHECK OUT THE SHIMMER. I am in love. it's hypnotic to watch.

hoping to get some algae growth, then gonna throw a snail at the tank and see what happens :)

Attachments

• image-1926101093.jpg
    image-1926101093.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom