Terracotta drain tile,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lil-fish-gorl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found a terracotta drain tile out back of my fiancés family's place, my question is, is it safe to use in my aquarium? I currently have it soaking in a bucket to leach anything I can out...It would be great for my convicts and the bichirs I want in the future! TIA20220703_200607.jpg20220703_200600.jpg20220703_200617.jpg20220703_200632.jpg

Terracotta should be ok in a fresh water tank (salt??). It would be nice to know what flowed through it back in the day.

Hello, I've always used the terracotta planting pots as hides without any issues. I would sand any sharp or jagged edges that might damage your pets.

Terracotta should be ok in a fresh water tank (salt??). It would be nice to know what flowed through it back in the day.
It's a fresh water tank, 75 gal. I'm pretty sure it could have been a Grey water drain, according to his grandparents!

Hello, I've always used the terracotta planting pots as hides without any issues. I would sand any sharp or jagged edges that might damage your pets.
AWESOME, The only thing that worries me is some terracotta would have been glazed with lead glaze, to keep the terracotta pipe in the ground longer without destruction, but we're on day 2 of the bucket soak so I'll see what's up tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom