Tetra acting really strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my serpae tetras is flipping and going in circles and spazzing out. No signs of Ich, I can test water tomorrow but the tank has been cycled and all other fish are fine. I also did a 40% water change yesterday. What could be the problem, a parasite? Or does it just have air trapped?

One of my serpae tetras is flipping and going in circles and spazzing out. No signs of Ich, I can test water tomorrow but the tank has been cycled and all other fish are fine. I also did a 40% water change yesterday. What could be the problem, a parasite? Or does it just have air trapped?

No chance of any toxins in the water?

Other one would be could the fish have swam into something during pwc or been under the tank refill or the change water wasn't temp matched?

No chance of any toxins in the water?

Other one would be could the fish have swam into something during pwc or been under the tank refill or the change water wasn't temp matched?

No chance of toxins in the water, and all other fish are fine. Sadly he passed. But I think the real thing to check would be to see if it's some sort of disease that could potentially spread to other fish.

No chance of toxins in the water, and all other fish are fine. Sadly he passed. But I think the real thing to check would be to see if it's some sort of disease that could potentially spread to other fish.

You could certainly check - would be interested in your autopsy results. If nothing shows, I would favour a bad reaction somewhere to the water change which is a problem I've had every so often before.

Back
Top Bottom