Tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many tetras can live comfortably in a 10g tank with a small fantail goldfish ? And this other small fish that I can't remember the name of lol it's a harlequin _______. I can't remember what they called it lol but it's small

Well your fantail alone will out grow your tank so im affraid none. 10 gallons is a very small tank and the swimming space for almost all tetra wouldnt really be enough. Sorry if thats what you didnt want to hear.

I have 2 neon glo tetras or whatever the name is and they are all happy with lots of room. I was thinking about the little neon tetras

Sorry my answer is still the same but you can always wait for a second opinion. The thing is fantails grow big and should actually be kept in 30gallons for the first and 10gallons for every extra fantail. They create alot of waste, so its not just about the tank size, the filter you have on a 10 gallon wont be able to keep up with the bioload.

A fantail in a 10gallon is already overstocked sorry.

Reactions: jlk
Back
Top Bottom