The iPhone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWaddict

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it all its cracked up to be? $650 for a phone with battery life that is pretty sure to suck? or $400 with a 2 year contract

Personally the tech nerd in me wants to try one but i still think it isnt gonna be its all hyped up to be, the iPhone will be a hit cause its an apple product but either way me and the tech community that i talk to think it will probably suck

your opinions? and are you gonna wait in line to buy one?

No way on the iPhone. Unless you use your phone for really heavy multimedia usage....or just make a million calls a day and can't read on the screen who is calling (or, like most macs, you need a picture with everything, haha) I don't see the point. Yeah it's cool, no it's not worth the money IMO.

:)

Anothing peeve on this for me is the commercial makes the iPhone look ridiculously fast!! There IS downtime on loading, you can't just be like "oh I'm watching a movie, OOP! lets do internet" and it will be there in 1 sec. It's ridiculous, although I like the gravity sensor in there that flips the screen :p

and are you gonna wait in line to buy one?

Not a chance. I don't want a device that "does everything"... to me, it's like a jack of all trades, master of none. I'd much rather spend that money on an iPod... except that I already have a 60GB, so why bother. The mp3/AAC/Apple Lossless storage capacity is pretty lame, and I'd get tired of either having the same music with me all the time, or constantly having to use my computer to change what I have on there, so that's no sort of plus to me either. I'd much rather carry around my Razr and 60GB iPod than waste all that money. If I had $650 right now, I'd spend it on ellisz's used reef setup in the classifieds anyway, then buy some lighting with the rest!

HAHAHA!! way to go severum, and yea you are right. The iPhone is mostly a waste of money. You might as well carry a Razr and an iPod(i just got an iPod not too long ago, wasted a whole paycheck on it lol). If i had the $650 I would buy a shrimp, and cycle my tank and save the rest to get more fish lol.

That should be another choice on this topic, if you could, would you buy an iPhone or stuff for your fish tank? :)

That should be another choice on this topic, if you could, would you buy an iPhone or stuff for your fish tank?

Considering where we are currently (a fish forum), I'd be surprised if anyone would admit to using $650 on technology over a new fish tank or new stock. :wink:

Save up your money for the PPC-6800. BTW, plans for the iphone are relatively expensive. Do the research on that.

I like the iphone but will wait till next year when the price drops to around $200 or less with a 2 year plan.

I already have the Sprint PCS VisionSM Smart Device PPC-6700 which runs Windows mobile so I can do just about anything the iphone can do already including watching movies, live TV, GPS, web surfing, all at broadband speed.

I might not even switch if I can't read MS office files on it like I currently can.

Back
Top Bottom