The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They might be rhabdocoela. Harmless flatworms. Round, not triangular head. IMG_7784.jpg
Hope this is the end of your planarian ordeal!

It moved like it might have had little legs. Reminded me of plankton the evil genius.

Pulled out some more plants with my PWC this week. Took probably $100 worth of plants to my LFS to donate. Shrimp and ramshorn are doing well. No more signs of the mystery critters but I am watching! IMG_4498.jpg

So far no signs of planaria and I have spotted a bunch of shrimplettes in the tank.

I took the safe route and covered the hose with floss. I stored the bottom a bit to let the canister do the work. Currently resisting the urge to overfeed just to see all the shrimplettes flock to the food.

Dinner time. IMG_0414.jpg

This tank has been through a lot the past 2 years.

I managed to wipe out the shrimp twice.
bad substrate
bad PWC (forgot the prime)

I put my CPD’s in here and added a few more (that I didn’t quarantine) and disease took them all.

The neons and bristle nose are in my other tank.

Shrimp and Ramshorns only now.

Feeding 2x a week and 20% PWC bi-weekly. I pullout ramshorn snails weekly for my puff to crunch to control their numbers.

Holding my breath and saying prayers I don’t do anything stupid again.

Are the planaria gone for good? I’m having an outbreak in my shrimp tank. I just realized that I have been 1/2 dosing Panacur. Smh.

I haven’t seen 1. And they used to come cruising out the minute I dropped any food in the tank.

Thank you! Many of these plants are offspring of the ones I got from you. And I do still have some of the subwassertang in there tucked behind that huge java on the left.

Back
Top Bottom