The right food ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shjuho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm wondering if we are feeding our fish properly. We presently have a percula clown, henacious butterfly, yellow tang, blue tang and just lost a flame angel last week.

We presently feed our fish 5 times a week - every other day switch the following flake food:

Brine Shrimp Plus
The Spirulina Flake Flood for all vegetarian fish

Should we be feeding frozen food or sea weed in addition -one of the LFS in the area suggested this but I trust your opinions.

Could this be the reason why the flame angel that we had for 5 months died (our previous flame lasted about that long also).

Looking forward to your advice...

Mixing in some foods other than brine shrimp products would be a plus. Formula One should be greeted with interest by all. Seaweed rubber banded to a rock would be very beneficial for the tangs, as they are "grazers" by nature.

As for the death of the flame, it is very hard to tell what happened. I doubt that the diet though is that lacking that it caused the angel's demise.

I assume this is your 55g tank that you have mentioned in other threads. It is important to note that it is going to be a very tight squeeze having two tangs in there. Many would not even recommend a 55g for either, let alone both. For the long term survival of both fish (these could die due to aggression, stress, etc. as they grow larger), it may be important for you to think about plans to upgrade or find other suitable housing. Just trying to give you a heads up before bad things start to happen.

Yes, we know about the tangs - our LFS recommended we get those - now you see why I don't trust their advice anymore.

They still arre fairly small but when they get larger we will have to sell them back to the store.

What is Formula One?

Its a very good frozen food. I alternate it with San fransisco brand "Marine Crusine" and Mysis shrimp and the fish love it. All high quality foods.

Yes, we know about the tangs - our LFS recommended we get those - now you see why I don't trust their advice anymore.

They still arre fairly small but when they get larger we will have to sell them back to the store.

Truly a bummer. Maybe if you get the bug bad enough an upgrade to a larger tank could be possible?! :wink:

Formula One also comes in a flake form. It is a mixture of marine meats and other goodies and is manufactured my Ocean Nutrition. O.S.I. makes quality flakes as well.

Back
Top Bottom