the scwd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iwantareef16

Aquarium Advice Regular
regarding the other post i going to use a scwd on my return pump and wondered what size pump i need for a 75 gal and what angle would i place the return hose at. The two lines will be at opposite ends of the tank and should i also use 2 maxi jet in the middle of the tank with them on full time or on a timer to keep the detrius ff the rocks

ok so if you buy a duel tube overflow then its rated for about 1000 gpr :) and the scwd can handle 1500 i think id have to look it up to be sure but its something around there!
so your pump choices should be made around the 900 gph range!
and yes 2 maxi-jets would be good

I'd probably go a bit higher on the pump size. If you buy a 900 gph pump, especially a submersible, you'll be lucky to get 650gph by the time you pump through all the plumbing and the SQWD. It also depends on which overflow you get. The large CPR or an ALS Model 5 will do 1600gph. I would go with a pressure rated external pump and size it slightly under the overflow capacity...assuming your sump is set up for that kind of flow. Alternatively, you might want to go with a smaller return pump and set up a closed loop to utilize the SQWD. I'd go that route before I added powerheads if it's in the budget. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom