The ten top most beautiful cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now I know everyone has there own opinion but I was wondering what peoples opinion were when it came to getting cichlids what do you like ??

A couple of my favorites in no particular order:

- Amphilophus festae: Red Terror/ True Festae

image-701469550.jpg

- Astronotus cf. orbicularis: Bumblebee
Oscar

image-4179985829.jpg

-Andopis dovii: Wolf cichlid

image-1997373792.jpg

-Benthochromis tricoti

image-1746280581.jpg

-Altolamprologus calvus: Black

image-2315103574.jpg

-Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus

image-4216881235.jpg

Jack Dempsey, green terror, butterfly peacock and blue discus.

Bumblebee Oscar is my absolute FAVORITE cichlid. They're so cool looking.

kdpuffer said:
Second that lady Alia. Though I do also really like the German blue ram.

Ohh don't get me wrong, there are others I think are absolutely gorgeous, (Skittles, my metriaclima greshakei) but there's nothing like a tank of frontosa, IMO. ;-)

My vote would go to an electric blue jack dempsey. Unfortunately they don't sell them around where i live so I just have to avidly watch craigslist and hope I get lucky haha

kdpuffer said:
Smeezy- check out aquabid, they have all sorts of fish and most likely will save you a dime or two.

I thought about ordering online, the only problem is I'm out at the college alot and I wouldn't want it to show up and bake on my porch while im at school

That would certainly put a damper on things. You may be able to arrange for it to be shipped and delivered while your home though.

D-Smeezy7 said:
My vote would go to an electric blue jack dempsey. Unfortunately they don't sell them around where i live so I just have to avidly watch craigslist and hope I get lucky haha

I agree. Ebjds are awesome. I have one and his colors are beautiful. All around beauties.

Back
Top Bottom