The Ultimate List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have 2(3 ;) ) lists here (CUC and fish and wish;) )Comments are welcome!!For 65G fish list starting:

x3 green chromis
x2 clark's clownfish
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
x1 coral beauty

CUC:

x2-3 emerald crabs
x6 zebra hermit crabs
x6 scarlet reef hermit crabs
x2 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp

Hows that sound???

I'm a little bit worried about the Flame and the Beauty. Does anyone know how much room you need to have both of them in the same tank? I'm pretty sure it's more than 65G. Other than that it sounds good. :D

Yeah... that's my only comment to. Either get the Coral Beauty or the Flame, but not both.

Oh... also, you're going to want some snails as part of that CUC. Not sure if you didn't list them, or if you weren't planning on any.

Okay Thanks guys I'll go for Da Flame!If I take away the coral beauty could I add (suggestions needed please) ?Like so:

x3 green chromis
x2 clark's clownfish
x1 royal gramma
x1 flame angel
???????????????

For the snails could I go with a couple of turbos?

I really like fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus) and flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus). They are both beautiful, active, and non aggressive in general. Another one of my favorites is the yellow candy hogfish (Bodianus bimaculatus). Last suggestion would be a midas blenny (Ecsenius midas). They can have some beautiful colors of orange and yellow if you watch out for a nice one.

I was also thinking about the midas blenny!I'll look into those other fish you suggested!! :D Any other suggestions are welcome.

This is a far out one but maybe - A Lunare Wrasse. Beautiful fish. Not reef safe which makes me :bawl:. You never mentioned; are you doing reef or FOWLR?

This is a far out one but maybe - A Lunare Wrasse. Beautiful fish. Not reef safe which makes me :bawl:. You never mentioned; are you doing reef or FOWLR?

These are great looking wrasse and a good suggestion. Might get a bit big for a 65 gallon though. Think they are usually recommended for a 125 or bigger. Don't mean to be a jerk and stomp on your ideas or anything.

hahahaha not enough money lol!!!! :? Could I go with either the double saddled butterflyfish for the 75G(if I can afford it)or the Klein's butterflyfish for the 65G???And is there any butterflyfish that is easy to keep and won't eat crustaceans??

If I ever find one I'll let you know! JK. I think that if you have:
- A well-established tank (6 months at least)
- Excellent water quality
- Commitment
I see no reason as to why you can't keep a difficult fish alive. :D
As for the crustaceans I have no idea.

Ok thanks if i get the 65G could I go the Tahitian Butterflyfish and for a 75G could I like go for a yellow tang?

Yep. Remember; Get the biggest you can get. Bigger = Better water stability = happier fish. (Good equation hey?;)) IMO it doesn't matter how long it takes to fill it. I've had my tank for almost a year and still have heaps of room for corals and fish. :)

Some nice smaller fish are some cardinals. Baganii or Payjama. They just kinda hang at one point in your tank like on a string then they suddenly jump somewhere else every 30 seconds or so. They provide something eyecatching that isn't moving. :D

A Six-Line Wrasse? Very beautiful fish. It also helps by eating some parasites that are bad for your corals. Plus it looks good always weaving inbetween your LR.

Already thought of that though....got any other ideas?Maybe some/1........................................... Auriga Butterflyfish or some gobies or blennies like a lawnmower?

Back
Top Bottom