There is a fungus amomg us.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stewie4me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 20 gallon acrylic tank that we set up a month ago. Everything has cycled well and we have not lost anybody for over a week. The last fish was a glow light tetra that we replaced. Last night I noticed that the new glow light has a fuzzy fungus on his face. I medicated the tank and this morning the fungus was gone. How long should I leave the cartridge out of the filter before I replace it and do a 25 percent water change to make sure that the fungus is really gone? Thank you in advance for your help.

Can someone please help I can find no info on how long to keep the carbon out of the filter once the fish has no fungus on it.

What type of med did you use? Most meds have specific directions to follow for a course of treatment. Follow the directions for an entire course of treatment & do water changes as specified before replacing carbon. Carbon is useful for removing meds but is not necessary for a healthy tank. Treating for a single night is rarely sufficient to address any fish illness. Shortening the recommended course of treatment can result in relapse or medication resistance.

We used Jungle fungus cure it was 11 pm when I found it so we had to get it at Walmart the only directions were to use 1 tab for every 10 gallons and repeat in 4 days if necessary. Thanks for the help. I am just glad I caught it in time. It seemed I just had the tank stabilized when he got sick. This all started with a carnival goldfish.then my son got a 5 1/2 gallon tank, which we had for a month before a friend gave me the 20 gallon acrylic which is a beautiful tank.

Back
Top Bottom