Thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a Coralife, I think, and my chiller has a reading, but I have an old fashioned glass/alcohol type floating in my sump that I check daily. Plus every now and then just the hand on the outside for a quick thermal check :)

I have a coralife digital therm but also a old fashioned glass one. They both read the same, but IME I've never herd of a glass one reading inaccurate or breaking in the tank unless its dropped. Plus their cheap. :)

ya but if u do drop the glass one and it breaks it makes your tank unusable because the mercury will seep into the acrylic

^
Most of the glass ones don't use mercury any more. Actually I think its almost impossible to get one now a days with mercury in it unless its a lab grade one. Its a health risk to children and since most of the glass ones are sold to beginners or parents for their kids tanks the companies now rely on a synthetic material. I've had one break in my 12g mixed reef with no repercussions other than some broken glass i cut myself on trying to remove from the sand.

I'll think I'll get a new digital one (new brand for sure) and a glass one that I'll leave in the back of the tank to be sure

I have a friend that is obsessed with his tank temperature he has 3 different thermometers on his little 12 gallon each one has a different reading, he constantly is saying I wonder which one is right. Oh I forgot he has 4 he just put in a new one last week. Most of my tanks don't have thermometers because I only check them once a week usually when I do a water change on them.

I use marineland visi therm. It's my second one and I love it. The display is off from the correct reading but once u figure that out it is solid.

Back
Top Bottom