They want HOW MUCH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeLee2013

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, the local welding supply wanted $95 for a 5# CO2 tank + $19.99 for a fill up and each refill thereafter. I may be mistaken, but that sounds a little on the high side to me... The $19.99 for a refill I can handle; but almost a Franklin for the tank alone?!

Anyone else care to share what they pay?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually doesn't sound too bad price wise...You may be able to do a little better but not a whole lot,that tank will last quite awhile too when completely full depending how much use you intend on getting out of it...

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

yes, but when the tank runs out the refill is only $19.99. What I do is trade in the old tank for another. The $95 is your tank deposit and you only pay that the first time.

So do you have to buy their tank to get that price? If not, then a quick Amazon search shows a 5# tank for only 65$, free ship.

Maybe it's just me, I got a paintball co2 regulator system. $40 for a 20oz tank and $15 for refill at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Caleb

~10g ghost shrimp
~45g ick is fixed! White skirt tetras.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

Maybe it's just me, I got a paintball co2 regulator system. $40 for a 20oz tank and $15 for refill at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Caleb

~10g ghost shrimp
~45g ick is fixed! White skirt tetras.

$15 for 20oz refill = $0.75 / oz
$18 for 5lb refill = $0.22 / oz

Quite a big difference there :)

$15 for 20oz refill = $0.75 / oz

$18 for 5lb refill = $0.22 / oz

Quite a big difference there :)

I missed the part about the bottle only being 5 pounds lol. Still that seems high for a little 5lb.

Caleb

~10g 7 ghost shrimp, Betta,2 ADF
~45g ick is fixed! 5 White skirt tetras. Soon to add Corys

Guess I was just dealing with sticker shock, lol. Not many other places that carry it around here, so they do have a bit of a CO2 monopoly.

I do have to buy their tank to get the $19.99 refills, but again not a bad price for that part of it.

So, guess I'll save my birthday Franklin to get the tank and a first fill ?

Thanks for the answers everyone!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

A 24 oz. refill at Dicks is $6 so $.25 an ounce. Ill let you guys calculate the breakeven point....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought my five pound tank on eBay for about $65 and get refills for $10 here in Portland.

I had a lot of trouble trying to find a place that did refills and not swaps.

In denver at the Fire Safety downtown only 6$ for a #5 refill and I got the tank for 60$ free shipping on amazon. Do yourself a favor and buy the tank on Amazon and look for your local fire safety. (y)

Back
Top Bottom