Things you can't live without (aquariumly speaking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prime, my master tests and of course my DIY wc "kit" :)

I definitely agree with these three! My DIY water changer kit looks a lot like yours, and I'm fortunate to have my tank near a door that opens onto a deck so it's really easy to drain the tank down to 2/3 or 1/2 full by just sticking the end of the hose out the door and off the deck.

I also agree with the comment about using a power strip. When I do a wc, I just flip a switch--much easier than unplugging & plugging everything individually.

Fun topic! I am enjoying reading everyone's answers!

Razorbackfan said:
I definitely agree with these three! My DIY water changer kit looks a lot like yours, and I'm fortunate to have my tank near a door that opens onto a deck so it's really easy to drain the tank down to 2/3 or 1/2 full by just sticking the end of the hose out the door and off the deck.

I also agree with the comment about using a power strip. When I do a wc, I just flip a switch--much easier than unplugging & plugging everything individually.

Fun topic! I am enjoying reading everyone's answers!

I was lucky enough to set my tank up next to a window :) I syphon the tank water directly out the window :) I also use a power strip! Best idea I ever had lol

blert said:
Big jug of Excel if you have live plants and no CO2 (saves money to get the 2 liter jug).
Big jug of Flourish Comp. if you have plants and don't do dry ferts (saves money to get the 2 liter jug).
Do you use both of those or is it one or the other?

So far I love having my 55 on a power strip. I am able to run the heater, 2 pumps and the bubbler. When i turn them off to feed its one button. I need an automatic timer for my lights. I have one somewhere... Just need to find it! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom