Think im on my way to being way overstocked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Barb Keeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is 29 g I have 10 barbs 1 zebra loach 2 blue acara 2 tiny catfish forget their names..."suppose to get 5 inches" have another tank for 1 when time comes. 2 tracked Nerite snails. Does this sound horrible?

If it were me, and this would be later as they get older, I would either remove either the cats and loach or the acaras and make a separate tank for them. Seems to me when they get bigger it might get a little cramped.

If it were me, and this would be later as they get older, I would either remove either the cats and loach or the acaras and make a separate tank for them. Seems to me when they get bigger it might get a little cramped.

Sounds like a good suggestion. The acara can reach 6 inches? Usually theres a warning at my pet shop,Did not know that.

Haha I read 150mm and didn't feel like converting it to inches thanks! Like I said I could be wrong, it's just what I would do. I haven't kept barbs or acara or specifically zebra loaches but I do have a clown loach and a polka dot loach(Angelicus botia) and im glad they have plenty of space. It's also said that loaches are shoaling fish so getting 2 more of the smaller body loaches would probably benefit them, but my clown did fine by his self and was very happy (don't forget shoaling is different than schooling). I don't know what kind of space or money your dealing with but personally I think after you let them grow out a little that a loach tank would be super cool

You need to rehome both the Acara, get too big for that tank, 2 males will fight and male/female will go for anything coming near the eggs.

You could try with one to see how it goes, depends on the fish - I've seen really peaceful Acara and Acara that would go for anything that came near it. As much as i think they are stunning fish I wouldn't even try an Acara in my 63g community, I've seen a lot of nasty ones lately, the US stock may be different though.

I think you should either get them another tank for them to be in or find a place to give them away I personally prefer finding them another tank to put them in. Are they boy and girl together?

Back
Top Bottom