Thinking about a SW Tank.. couple questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cynor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Basically as the title says I'm thinking about setting up a saltwater tank and have some questions. I've had a FW tank in the past and have always been interested in the SW side of things, so was thinking that maybe instead of setting up another FW I would go salt. However, before I do I want to make sure I'm reading and understanding things right.

First, if I go FOWLR then I don't need to get any other filtration (like a HOB unit) if I go with the proper amount correct?

Second, on the water changes, it's nothing special like how in a FW with gravel on the bottom you have to vacuum it right? Just take the old water out somehow and then put the new in?

Third, what kind of monthly maintenance costs are there? Like I know you need the salt, probably a couple other chemicals for PH and stuff, and of course electricity... But is there anything else that you may not think of?

Those are really the big questions I'm wondering about right now and need answers/to think on before I decide if I want to go this route. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom