Thinking about getting a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon tank. I have been doing aquariums for about a year and just started aquascaping about a month ago. I want to get a bigger tank maybe for Christmas. I want to be able to aquascape and have some cool fish! What size aquarium do you guys think would be best? And what kind? Also is pet I still having their tank sale? I know I want at least 15 gallons! Thanks! Oh and I have had tanks many years ago for probably 3 years but really got into it last year!

Sent from my iPhone

I like shallow tanks. Especially for planted tanks (can save some $ on lighting). I like 20 long, 30/33 long, and 40 breeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok where do you get those tanks? And what kind of plants and lighting do you use? And I don't want to use co2 all I want to have to do is plant it, keep it trimmed and maintained, keep some fish in it, and turn the light on and off.. Well also water maintenance but nothing crazy or expensive like co2

Sent from my iPhone

I'm finding it to be true that tanks get easy at 29 gallons. I treat all the tanks the same, except more water changes for small tanks, and the 29 has been a piece of cake.

That being said, I like the proportion of the 40 better.

A deciding factor might be the size of whatever you have that can hold several hundred pounds, or your budget, or your renters insurance ...

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Yeah... I need to get a stand! Where did you buy your tanks??

Sent from my iPhone

I would recommend the 8ft 240g :) Great size for most fish.

If that doesn't work for than I agree with the above, 20 long or 40 breeder. You can get tanks at any big box pet store. The 20l is 30x12x12. The 40br is 36x18x16. In general you want to maximize the base area as much as possible. For most freshwater fish, the height is not that important.

Can't do a tank that big... And ok I will look around! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom