Thinking about switching to LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use the Giesemann AquaPink for my reef. Top 3 light company for sure. Toss up between ATI and Giesemann for #1 for me. Good choice on bulbs

Thank ya! I did a ton of research before purchasing them. About the LEDs, I'm still up in the air on it. I would use both lights on my tank, but I think that would be a huge responsibility that I'm just not ready for. This is, after all, my first planted tank. I'm just now getting the hang of growing carpeting/foreground plants. Algae on the other hand and balancing everything...I still need a little more work on that.

T5HO is a proven tech for planted tanks and, IMO, you do have the best bulbs you can get for full spectrum lighting. Only bummer is when you need to replace the bulbs after about a year (or slightly more). Maybe by then, you can go LED. There's always new innovative LED fixtures hitting the market, coupled with dropping prices as the tech matures, you'll have good options then. For now, enjoy the planted tank hobby. :)

T5HO is a proven tech for planted tanks and, IMO, you do have the best bulbs you can get for full spectrum lighting. Only bummer is when you need to replace the bulbs after about a year (or slightly more). Maybe by then, you can go LED. There's always new innovative LED fixtures hitting the market, coupled with dropping prices as the tech matures, you'll have good options then. For now, enjoy the planted tank hobby. :)

Sounds like a good plan, Brian. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom