Thinking of adopting 1 or 2 red eared sliders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PheSuri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here but have perused this forum many times for my fresh water aquariums.

I'm working at an animal shelter and we have 4 red eared sliders of varying age that we have had surrendered from 3 different people...crazy! Anyways, over the last month I've been obsessed with getting them homes and then suddenly realized...why don't I take one or two of them?!

My only issue is that I'm not sure how my current set up will work with them. So here's some info.

The sliders at the shelter are of the following age and sex:
Male - 3-6 years old
Unknown - Unknown age (about 5 inches long)
Unknown - 8 months old
Unknown - 8 months old

My tank is a 25 gallon aquarium. I am completely willing to buy a new filter and heater so that's not part of the question right now. I have one gold gourami and 6 zebra danios. The gourami is a jerk honestly and has been to any and all fish I've gotten. The danios are not happy so I'm not sure what to do on that front.

Will this tank last me at least a year? Or is this not a good setup at all? I'd love to get two RES but not sure if that's practical as well.

Thanks for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom