Thinking of cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillyfan33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys thinking about doing a mostly-cichlid tank however would like to have other fish such as Cory catfish, clown pleco, freshwater "sharks" , and maybe anything else that is compatible with certain types of cichlids. I've seen the south american dwarf cichlids are generally less territorial than Africans... is that true? 38 gallon tank is what I am working with here. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You really cant fit any non-dwarf cichlids in a 38 gallon tank. You could do dwarf cichlids like you mentioned above, like apistos or rams or something like that. Vlown loaches get too big for a 38 IMO depending on how long You keep them.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What would you suggest as a set up then out of those fish and

i've always been a fan of angelfish and german blue rams. Could do 2 of each. maybe a bottom feeder if it stays small.

Hey guys thinking about doing a mostly-cichlid tank however would like to have other fish such as Cory catfish, clown pleco, freshwater "sharks" , and maybe anything else that is compatible with certain types of cichlids. I've seen the south american dwarf cichlids are generally less territorial than Africans... is that true? 38 gallon tank is what I am working with here. Thanks everyone.

Would x off the "sharks" get huge and are best suited with other semi aggressive fish. But with rams and some Apistogramma you can keep with other peaceful aquarium fish. Cory cats, and some mid-level shoal etc.

Back
Top Bottom