thinking of stsrting a nano reef...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the budget, and the size you are wanting. A good starting point for a nano is either a 20 or 24 gallon IMO. Research and read about everyones problems so you can either prevent them or know how to handle them. Are you patient enough to go through a fishless cycle? How much time do you have to devote to the tank?

Remember to think your live stock they weren't ask to be taken off the reef and plan ahead.

Biocubes are good tanks, but the lighting is lacking. If I could upgrade one thing it would definitely be the lights, and that's usually pricey on top of the tank price. If you only want softies and some LPS then go right ahead

IMO go to nanocustoms and buy the tank only, and buy maybe a 70w sunpod or a FNI 70w pendant. Unfortunately there aren't many T5 fixtures that would fit this tank if any at all, and LEDs are of course pricey

Get a different light either a MH or go with led. I don't have a bio cube but I have an aquapod and jbj both are great tanks.

Back
Top Bottom