Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jjamontan said:
I am using the filter that came with it. It is connected to the sink in the laundry room. When I turn the water up all the way it will make 7 gallons in around 45 minutes so I turned it down to run slower.

Hmm.. I'm not sure, mine goes the same no matter how much I change it. i really hope the replacement kit I bought from them will do the trick though, I'll switch to brs after.

Here's the new corals, matt is great, in really hoping my corals do well for him. The ones I received had already extended and are looking great. The chalice looks absolutely amazing under blues, same with the other corals. The zoa frag is a lot bigger than I thought it was and I hope it does well for me. It looks a lot like the palys I sold but theres a lot more polyps which is great. I also included a pic of my slimer which is completely encrusted now. Fastest grower in the whole tank, no joke. I also bought a 300 micron filter sock so hopefully I'll be algae free in no time. The pics are crappy, I'm sorry. Future purchases are a nice camera and supplemental lighting, lighting comes first. Other than that.. I believe my tank is close to complete :) but I know I'm just saying that, it will never stop being tinkered with.

Attachments

• image-1574329111.jpg
    image-1574329111.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-974321284.jpg
    image-974321284.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-396484763.jpg
    image-396484763.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 74
  • image-833795935.jpg
    image-833795935.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1065023270.jpg
    image-1065023270.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3296211525.jpg
    image-3296211525.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 100
Woooowzerz i would kill for any of those boys!! And the tank is looking really really good too. Love it Adam nice work young grasshopper lol

Gboy66 said:
Woooowzerz i would kill for any of those boys!! And the tank is looking really really good too. Love it Adam nice work young grasshopper lol

Haha thanks man! I hope it gets better, im having a bit of a bump right now, but.... Here's the gunk from my skimmer..and guess what else?? Me an my dad have installed a new 20amp breaker to the control panel just for me and maybe an iron sometimes.. It's pretty awesome. I could keep a coral farm or two on it lol! Now I'm going to find a power strip and I'll mount everything neatly.

Attachments

• image-3323866305.jpg
    image-3323866305.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 90
needmorecowbell said:
Here's the new corals, matt is great, in really hoping my corals do well for him. The ones I received had already extended and are looking great. The chalice looks absolutely amazing under blues, same with the other corals. The zoa frag is a lot bigger than I thought it was and I hope it does well for me. It looks a lot like the palys I sold but theres a lot more polyps which is great. I also included a pic of my slimer which is completely encrusted now. Fastest grower in the whole tank, no joke. I also bought a 300 micron filter sock so hopefully I'll be algae free in no time. The pics are crappy, I'm sorry. Future purchases are a nice camera and supplemental lighting, lighting comes first. Other than that.. I believe my tank is close to complete :) but I know I'm just saying that, it will never stop being tinkered with.

They look great :) the long drive had me worried but looks like they made it no problem

If you can convince them to make the drive September 13th he has his next shipment coming in and should be BIG...coming from Australia or Thailand can't remember now lol

Thanks! Yeah, I was worried too, my dad had to stop for a while on top of it. I thought he was going out of business?

needmorecowbell said:
Thanks! Yeah, I was worried too, my dad had to stop for a while on top of it. I thought he was going out of business?

That's what he said on the phone and when I got there the frag system I was offered he backed out on.. well his wife decided that haha.. from what I seen he's torn between running all his frag tanks or just getting out of it and keeping his big 190 bowfront but I guess the wife enjoys the frag tanks soooo... Well you should know how that goes lmao I'm just gonna play it by ear and try to be first one in if/when he decides to :)

Lol, I keep reading all of this joy and man... sounds like I need to request some PTO for September. I was thinking of a week already for the launch of MoP... Thank got I have 80 hours of the stuff!

Got some good polyp extension today out of the mother colony.. pretty sure it'll make a full recovery :)

Mrc8858 said:
Got some good polyp extension today out of the mother colony.. pretty sure it'll make a full recovery :)

Perfect, I'm really glad it worked for you. The sps are doing great, algae is slowing down, the new chalice had it's feeder tentacles out today, things are looking up.

One thing though, the wrasse has disappeared, I haven't seen it in 3 days. I think he jumped but I'm still looking. I'm not as sad with this one as I was with the Blenny, I might get another fish sooner than I was expecting.. Of course if money permits and the tank is happy ;)

needmorecowbell said:
Perfect, I'm really glad it worked for you. The sps are doing great, algae is slowing down, the new chalice had it's feeder tentacles out today, things are looking up.

One thing though, the wrasse has disappeared, I haven't seen it in 3 days. I think he jumped but I'm still looking. I'm not as sad with this one as I was with the Blenny, I might get another fish sooner than I was expecting.. Of course if money permits and the tank is happy ;)

Do you have a dog? Found out my fish jumped cause mine was carrying it around (thats why I couldn't find him in or around the tank : x lol)

Edit* or cat I guess too haha

Good to know things are back on track adam!!!! :) too bad about the wrasse.... But at least corals are doing well and you dont have to rehome the hawk!!!

Mrc8858 said:
Do you have a dog? Found out my fish jumped cause mine was carrying it around (thats why I couldn't find him in or around the tank : x lol)

Edit* or cat I guess too haha

I have both a cat and a dog.. The car is really fat and I doubt I would even budge if it saw the fish on the ground but my dog would have rolled in it and we had to give her a bath yesterday because she stunk.. Maybe.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Good to know things are back on track adam!!!! :) too bad about the wrasse.... But at least corals are doing well and you dont have to rehome the hawk!!!

Thanks! I'm really hoping that this will be the last big bump with the tank, my wallet can't take much more.. The hawk has been amazing. I have a friend who likes to stare him down. The hawk actually gets up to the front of the glass and just stares at him back lol. I've also got him eating when my hand is really close to him, he will be perching on my hand soon I hope. Who says fish can't do tricks?!

needmorecowbell said:
I have both a cat and a dog.. The car is really fat and I doubt I would even budge if it saw the fish on the ground but my dog would have rolled in it and we had to give her a bath yesterday because she stunk.. Maybe.

Ya my yorky was trotting around with my poor dried up dartfish in his mouth like I've been waiting forever but now I got you haha...he watches my tanks as much as me :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120807_005153.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120807_005153.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 98
needmorecowbell said:
Thanks! I'm really hoping that this will be the last big bump with the tank, my wallet can't take much more.. The hawk has been amazing. I have a friend who likes to stare him down. The hawk actually gets up to the front of the glass and just stares at him back lol. I've also got him eating when my hand is really close to him, he will be perching on my hand soon I hope. Who says fish can't do tricks?!

Omg i love my hawk... Super awesome fish. Cant wait for mine to be like yours!! My friends like my fish too... Haha i think the favorite is the foxface when they hear he is poisonous :) :p

Mrc... Yorkys are hilarious. Haha love it!

Yeah, yorkies are great, I used to have a smaller dog, a fist (pronounced fIste).. It was psychotic though lol. I'll only do bigger dogs from now on, labs are great.

The flame is my favorite, just a really cool fish. The black around its eyes makes it look crazy lol. I'm thinking of what fish I could add if I do get one, maybe the midas? I'm not sure if they would have a bigger bioload than a wrasse.. Of course this is if the wrasse is actually gone and my tank is looking great.

Back
Top Bottom