This an OK 10G community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would 7 Neon Tetras, 1 Betta, 3 ghost shrimp and 1 Netrie Snail be alright for a non-planted 10 gallon. I know the Betta may attack the shrimp but I want to test if then I could eventually replace the Ghosts with more expensive RCS.

I may add some easy non CO2 potted plants (have a sand substrate) down the line but there's no guarantee.

I used AqAdvisor and it said no issue as I have a 20 gallon filter on my tank but I want some more opinions.

I think that 10 gallon is too small for all those fish and the shrimp would probably be at risk from the beta unless you add lots of hiding places or shrimp tubes.

Neon tetras and bettas are not temperature compatible, bettas like their water significantly warmer than neons do at around 80F. I wouldn't suggest keeping bettas with other fish in anything smaller than a 20 long.

Betas do great at 78-86 Fahrenheit. Neons are way faster than a betta, 7 will allow them to school if they feel spooked.

My vote is they are all okay

It doesn't matter how fast neons are if there isn't much room to run, which they won't really have in a 10 g. If you want a community in there, I'd really encourage you to stay away from a betta. They're unpredictable at best and you never know when they'll snap.

Back
Top Bottom