This Ebay Item Can't Be Good For Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumiglow 1 Pound 4 Color Sample Pack of Glow in the dark aquarium gravel
# Has a shelf life and recharge time of up to 20 years!
# Very lightweight non-toxic hardened resin
# This auction is for 1 full Pound, 1/4lb of each color
# Charges under ordinary light in just a few minutes and afterglow effect lasts up to 8 hours
# Enough for a 10 Gallon aquarium by placing on top of existing gravel
# Works Excellent as Gel candle embeds as well for incredible glowing candles!
# Retail is $19 per oz
# Safe for marine aquariums as well
# Rinse prior to using to remove any dust
# This is one of the best crafts products ever designed for kids and adults, the uses are limitless!
# Great for kids crafts, school projects, candle embeds, the uses are limitless!
# Completely safe, non-toxic, non-radioactive.
# Super fast shipping, tracking provided!
REMEMBER, IF IT'S NOT LUMIGLOW® YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE BEST AND PAYING TOO MUCH

That stuff is pretty cool, but would I ever buy it, nope. It would be pretty cool to just sprinkle it with your gravel, not cover the entire tank.

I would use use a paint roller to spread white glue on my ceiling and throw it up like confetti. After it dried, I would shut all of the blinds, turn off the lights, umm - get relaxed, put on some Pink Floyd and lay on the floor enjoying my ceiling. Shine on you crazy diamond...

deli_conker said:
I would use use a paint roller to spread white glue on my ceiling and throw it up like confetti. After it dried, I would shut all of the blinds, turn off the lights, umm - get relaxed, put on some Pink Floyd and lay on the floor enjoying my ceiling. Shine on you crazy diamond...

HAHAHAHAHA

It woulod not hurt the fish chemically, etc, but I would imagine that the light would upset them in a couple of ways....bright light coming up from the bottom (very unnatural), and the fact the light would be present at all during the dark cycle of their photoperiod would disrupt their natural circadian rythyms. At my local Wal-Mart, they sell a 2 gallon desktop aquarium where the base, the top, the light-housing, the gravel and the supplied artificial plant all glow in the dark...as if just the gravel were not bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom